The Beauty Box Salon
Top Salon in Dallas, TX for
Hair Extensions and Hair Coloring
Book a Consultation >
Best Nail Blog
Nail Polish and Nail Art
Get the Latest Nail Trends >
FABHAIR Hair Extensions - New York
Top Ranked Premium Hair Extensions
Virgin Brazilian & 100% Human Remy
Are You Beauty Obsessed?
Top 50 Beauty Blog >
Unbeweavable Hair Extensions
100% Human Hair
High % of Remy Hair included
Show Your Support
Related Affiliate Products
Hits from the Past
Written by Christopher Box
Published on June 22, 2011
I don't care what any hairstylist tells you in the chair they are thinking all of the following. These are really good tips that will make sure you get the hair you really want!
1. Don’t take phone calls or text while your stylist is doing your hair. Our job is hard enough without having to work around a phone. It really is a big deal no matter what we say. Have you ever tried taking a small piece of foil, tuck it into the hair, paint color on it and fold it all while someone is holding a phone to their head? It’s a lot harder than you think.
2. Don’t talk with your head. Sounds weird but some people have to move their head when they speak. It makes our job much harder. Ever hear of foil bleeding? Be moldable and relaxed.
3. Please don’t pull a no show. Yes, it does happen from time to time. However, it is the kiss of death. If you can’t make it, even if it is 5 minutes before your appointment, call and cancel.
4. Be on time. I can’t stress this enough. When you are late it really is a big deal. If it’s your first time at a salon arrive 15 minutes early. I know at our salon we have them fill out a consultation form. This helps us provide you with a better service.
5. Confirm your appointments. We always send out an email or make a call. Busy salons sometimes have a waiting list. If you cancel then it allows us to accommodate last minute appointments. Remember this next time you need an emergency appointment.
6. When you are at the shampoo bowl get your head all the way in the bowl. Your neck should always touch the base of the sink. Ever walk away with a wet neck or back? I will move your head for you or ask you to lift up if needed.
7. Bring in pictures. A good stylist will be able to tell a lot about you and your style. It’s always good to have a visual reference.
8. Tell the truth. We really can tell you turn your flat iron up to 450 and that you use Pantene. This helps us make better choices in the chemical we use on your hair.
9. Pre-Book your appointments. You need it done so why not plan on it? Squeezing you in can be a very tricky thing. Take my word for it, you will always get a better service when we have the proper amount of time to do your hair.
10. Relax. It’s just hair. If you don’t love it at first that’s okay. Hey, love at first sight can’t always be trusted! If after a couple of days you don’t like it.. then call us back. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get used to new things. Don’t be so hard on us either. We are just as loyal to you as you are to us. Trust me if a stylist is worth their salt you are only 6 weeks away from perfection.
Check out Below for More Info related to this Blog Topic
Evolving Hair Makeover by Christopher Box
October 4, 2013
The Evolve Volumizer is a hair integration system for women with fine or thinning hair. Hair extensions can only do so much! What many women don't…
To Weave or Not to Weave by Christopher Box
September 9, 2013
They say that honesty is the best policy. Not really sure who "they" are but I tend to agree with "them". So begins my confession..…
A Tale of Two Tresses | Care for Extensions by Brad Bykkonen
March 29, 2013
Once upon a time a young lady got hair extensions. "Wow!" she said with delight upon seeing her transformation. Marveled by how just earlier…
Will I Go Bald? It's Your Mom's Fault! by Christopher Box
March 16, 2013
Will I go bald? I remember asking my mother that question when I was 18. (pic 2 above) I had heard from some friends that if your mother's father…
Hair Extensions and Trichotillomania | HelpMe2Stop.org by Charlene Blacer
March 6, 2013
I have been a hair extension specialist since 1991 and know just about every method on the market. I've encountered many women desiring hair…
Hair Extensions San Diego | New Website by Christopher Box
February 21, 2013
What can I say? I love San Diego! In my continued quest to spread the word of weave, I decided to launch a separate site dedicated to all things extensions…
Best Hot Tools for Hair Extensions - Sarah Potempa's Beachwaver by Christopher Box
November 27, 2012
Celebrity Sytlist Sarah Potempa has created the perfect hot tool - curling iron for hair extensions. The Beachwaver makes beautiful waves so easy. It…
The Perfect Bun for Hair Extensions by Christopher Box
November 27, 2012
Gorgeous Hair Extensions? Yess! Now what? Well we know you are all about change. Sometimes it is nice to get creative with all that hair you paid for.…
The Perfect Hair Extensions Salon Consultation by Christopher Box
November 7, 2012
Hair Extension Salons : The Perfect Extension ConsultationWhen researching hair extension salons you will find a lot of salons that do hair extensions…
Jon Renau Launches Haircare for Extensions and Wigs by DR Hanson
October 29, 2012
Jon Renau recently launched a new line of human hair products that care for extensions and wigs. To celebrate these products, Hair Extension Geek chatted…
Hi there, we're so glad you found our fabulous website. We hope you found everything you were looking for and more! We have several great ways to keep you informed :
Sign-up for our Email Updates
Have a Happy Hair Day! From your friends The Hair Geeks XOXO