Lovely Locks 100% HUMAN HAIR Extensions & Wigs
80% OFF Remy & Virgin
Human Hair Extensions & Wigs!
Visit the Lovely Locks website >
Hair Addictionz Get Addicted
Quick, Easy, Unbelieveable
30 Min Application 15 Min Removal
Avieve Salon & Day Spa
Hair Care, Waxing, Spa and Tanning
One of Chicago's Premier Salons
Check out our Services >
Are You Beauty Obsessed?
Top 50 Beauty Blog >
Best Nail Blog
Nail Polish and Nail Art
Get the Latest Nail Trends >
Show Your Support
Related Affiliate Products
Hits from the Past
Written by Christopher Box
Published on November 7, 2012
When researching hair extension salons you will find a lot of salons that do hair extensions. The problem is that most of these “extension salons” really don’t know what they are doing.
I have worked with hair extensions for almost 15 years and own a very successful hair extension salon in Dallas TX called The Beauty Box. We sell lots and lots of hair extensions. Our reviews are some of the best in the industry. We know hair extensions at The Beauty Box.
I have a formula that I follow when new clients come into the salon looking for hair extensions. Our hair extension consultation is so good that 8 out of 10 people end up getting hair extensions with us. I decided to share this hair extension consultation with you so you can make better decisions when researching your own hair extension salon.
The hair extension videos attached to this blog post offer a detailed look into the perfect hair extension consultation. I had one of my best hair extension stylists, Sonia Isaguirre, play the part of the new hair extension client.
1. Frequently Asked Questions about Hair Extensions: At my salon we give you a detailed sheed that goes over some of the most frequently asked questions about hair extensions. This really helps set the tone for the entire hair extension consultation. Many of your questions should be answered after reading this.
2. Hair Extension Questionnaire: It is important for a good hair extension salon to gather important information about you. Your lifestyle, color history, recent surgeries, how active you are and your expectations all play a factor in choosing the right hair extension system.
3. Having a Clear Upfront Understanding: At this point your hair extension expert will evaluate the information on your hair extension questionnaire. This information will determine the next steps in presenting the hair extension systems right for you.
4. Presentation of Hair Extension Products: I like a very hands on approach when it comes to hair extension consultations. I like to take this time to give the client a tour of all the products we provide so they can make an educated decision.
5. Hair Extension Evaluation: After I've presented the various types hair extensions systems I like to discuss the pros and cons for each in relation to the cleint's needs and lifestyle. This is also a time to answer any of the clients questions about the different types of application systems.
6. The Cost of Hair Extensions: Being up front is very important. I try to give up front pricing when I can. This depends upon the complexity of the hair extension system. If I can’t break the hair extension systems down into an easy to understand pricing structure then I will at least give a broad idea of how much the hair extensions will cost.
Any salon that is vague and not upfront is usually an indicator that they don’t know what they are doing.
7. The Hair Extension Color Match: I will take the color ring and begin the color match process. Many times my clients question the color match. It is not uncommon for you to perceive your hair color in a different way.. Lighting is everything and things often look different away from your head.
One of the guarantees we make at my salon is that if we choose the wrong color for a client we will make it right. This is very rare but our clients appreciate the security that as a salon we are going to make sure that it is right.
8. Signing of Hair Extension Contract: Once all the details are sorted I log all the information and present my clients with a contract to sign. This makes sure that my client and I have a very clear understanding of all their hair extension application.
One thing I try to make very clear is that as a salon we guarantee the workmanship and quality of the hair extensions. What I don’t guarantee is that my client will actually like hair extensions. I believe in honesty and integrity and want to be up-front with everything. The reality is that some people do not like hair extensions.
9. Booking of Your Hair Extension Appointment and Deposit: It is a common practice for hair extension salons to charge a deposit when booking an appointment. This makes sure that you are serious about getting hair extensions. Many hair extension systems cost the salon up front to order hair and usually there is pretty large time commitment.
10. Care and Hair Extension Products: I will go over the recommended hair extension products and their daily hair extension care regimen. This is something you need to consider in the cost of your hair extensions. It is absolutely essential that you buy the recommended products to make sure your hair extensions look amazing the whole time you wear them.
I know this seems like a lot, however, all these points are absolutely essential. A good hair extension salon understands this and will always go through a version of these steps.
Take a minute to watch my hair extension consultation video. I try to keep it light and fun. Knowledge is power and hair extensions are amazing when done properly.
Check out Below for More Info related to this Blog Topic
Hair Extension Methods | Visual Guide by Bree Cahey
June 5, 2015
Hair extensions are used for many different reasons, including length, volume, add color, fix a bad haircut, etc. However, choosing the hair extension…
4 Tips to Keep Your Hair Extensions Looking Great in Summer by Kaity Ford
June 12, 2014
It’s summer; it’s hot; and we have many things to do. Don’t let your luscious locks be yet another worry. Just because the temperature…
Smell something burning? It's probably your hair. by Michelle Huynh
April 4, 2014
As a Dallas hair extension expert, I see lots of women in my chair with mysterious damage to their hair. Somehow their hair just keeps breaking off. As…
9 Tips on How to Take Care of Tape Extensions by Christopher Box
March 14, 2014
If you haven’t heard of tape in hair extensions, you might just be missing out on a fantastic hair extension system. They happen to be one of my…
Messy Bun Using Hair Extensions by Christopher Box
February 14, 2014
Quick Hair Tutorial on How to Get a Messy Bun with Clip in ExtensionsWe all have those days when you want to sleep in for just "five" more minutes…
A Few Questions about Fusion Hair Extensions by Christopher Box
November 30, 2012
Anyone that has ever seen fusion hair extensions that have been applied, cut, and styled properly, will tell you that they are hard to identify. Fusion…
How to Apply Clip-in Hair Extensions by Christopher Box
October 2, 2012
This is a really great tutorial on how to apply clip-in hair extensions. Justbexo.com demonstrates some great tips and tricks that you need to know so…
Curly Sue | Curling Your Clip-In Extensions Seperately by DR Hanson
September 26, 2012
Ms. FoxyLocksExtensions, or Ms. Macgyver as you'll be calling her after the video, shows us some clever tips on how to curl your clip-in extensions…
The Pompadour Meets Boho | Gorgeous Hair Extension Tutorial by Christopher Box
September 25, 2012
Here is another Gorgeous Hair Extension Style Tutorial brought to you by Klix.I love this style. It is a little bit Pompadour, a little bit braid and…
Sofia Vergara Emmy 2012 Look | Long Sexy Hair Extensions by Christopher Box
September 25, 2012
Oh Sofia! Here at HEG we got a little distracted when checking out her look for the 2012 Emmys. Can we say cleavage! She is definitely a women who can…